Homeless Garden Project is responding to the COVID-19 crisis by continuing our essential work of providing our transitional employment and support services programs to people experiencing homelessness and farming in order to provide healthy, organic food for the community. We have implemented all recommended social distancing practices and are keeping updated on developing information through our local Health Services Agency, state, and federal agencies.
Please see below for more details on our COVID-19 operations and policies and check back regularly for updates.
Our farm is currently closed to the public when our training program is in session (Tuesday-Friday from 9am-2pm), except for:
- CSA members
- Farm Stand Customers
- Limited Volunteers (see below)
- We have re-opened our Farm Stand for walk-up sales Tuesday-Sunday 10am-4pm.
- To receive updates on Farm Stand items and sales, sign up for our newsletter and select the “Farm Stand Updates” list.
Please find our COVID-19 Farm Customer Policies here.
- We have re-opened our farm for limited volunteer opportunities. Please sign up here.
- Please DO NOT come to the farm to volunteer if you are not signed up to do so.
- To receive updates on volunteering at the farm, sign up for our newsletter and select the “Volunteer Opportunities” list.
- We have re-opened our store for limited volunteer opportunities. Please find our COVID-19 Store Volunteer Policies here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering at the store.
Please find our COVID-19 Farm Volunteer Policies here.
- Our downtown store on Pacific Avenue has re-opened for in-store shopping Wednesday-Sunday from 11am – 6pm.
- Our Capitola Store has re-opened for in-store shopping Saturday and Sunday from 12-6pm.
- You can also continue to shop at our online store here